Lead Software Engineer -Ruby on Rails
We are currently looking for an awesome Senior Back End Developer to join our product engineering team. We are looking for like minded engineers, who are a master of their craft and with experience in leading a team.
We look for people with the right cultural fit having what it takes to drive our business forward. We also look for people who are keen to develop new knowledge and skills, because our growth is ultimately dependent on yours. You will play an important role in driving change within our business, joining a department that is continually on a journey of change.
- Working within the product team to understand, scope and advise on the best approach to achieve a business objective confirming to direction around approach and consistency, leading technical discussions and supporting peers.
- Lead and advise on entire projects, contributing to design and implementation of the overall application architecture, contributing hands on to new and existing codes bases.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic, building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability whilst ensuring security and data protection.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experienced and comfortable through the entire life-cycle of a feature, from ideation to delivery
- Can understand business drivers and make solid proposals for building new features or refining existing ones
- Are a subject matter expert in at least one programming environment
- Have typically strong experience in a specific programming domain or language
- Excellent communications skills (native or strong English speaker)
- Experienced working directly with clients or key stakeholders
- While we understand that good programmers can learn new skills, this role is ideally for someone who has good working knowledge and experience in the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- Container Technologies (docker / k8s )
- Building API’s
- Database Frameworks
Day to Day Tasks
- Discuss and design new systems from the ground-up with strong opinions about software and design principles Develop new and maintain existing systems Write documentation to record and explain decisions around architecture and design
- Write unit integration tests as a first-class citizen Perform code reviews and participate actively in discussions, even around technologies you may not be an expert in.
The Small Print
Strictly No Agencies; any submission of resumes without prior request from Sabio Group will not be deemed as an introduction and therefore will not warrant an introduction fee
All applicants must have the right to work in the territory to which the role relates (UK & EU)
Sabio Group are unable to offer sponsorship on any roles advertised